Sunday, November 30, 2014

2014 Archery Elk


Had a great time on the archery elk hunt this year. The first few weeks were more or less scouting trips, as I have hunted this area for many years and know where the elk usually are.


This was camp this year during our hunts, I just purchased it and was glad I did. When the nights got cold it was great to be able to load the stove up and stay nice and warm
Jim and I took the last week of the hunt off and had a blast chasing bugling bulls.

The bulls were active rutting that last week, and the scenery was great as well with the leaves just starting to change
I was able to get a shot at this bull the third to the last day of our hunt. Unfortunately I didn't make the shot that I would have liked and was unable to find the bull during our hunt. One week later I was back in the area grid searching for five hours and still could not locate him. I hit my knees and prayed for any sign that may lead me to him. Before I could get up I could hear Ravens. They were flying in the air and landed about 200 yds from me. I took off on a dead run, and followed them right to my bull. He had gone a half mile from where I shot him. After two more weeks the Fish and Game finally let me go retrieve my antlers.


No comments:

Post a Comment